Titan Tribune

• Requests? Email cbsouthtribune@gmail.com!

• Download the Titan Tribune mobile app to stay updated on our current articles!

Fly, Eagles Fly

Jason Chen, Staff Writer

Twenty point blowouts, electric slides, embarrassing opposing teams’ offense; the Philadelphia Eagles are rolling. Currently riding a nine-game winning streak, with wins over all other NFC East teams, the Eagles have stunned the football world. The last time the Eagles started this well was back in 2004, when they went to the Super Bowl.

Philly fans have reason to be excited as there is only one thing on their mind: a championship. Technically, the last championship Philly claimed was won by Villanova in 2016 in the NCAA Tournament Finals. However, the last championship that any professional Philly sports team claimed was back in 2008 when the Phillies won the World Series. After nearly a decade of “almost making it”, losing seasons, frustrated fans, and just bad luck in general, Philly has patiently waited and now, finally, there is hope.

Carson Wentz is having an MVP season, no question about it. With 29 touchdowns, over 2600 yards, and a superb passer rating of 104, Wentz leads the Pro Bowl voting and an energetic Philadelphia Eagles team. Tight-End Zach Ertz is also having an exceptional year with 7 touchdowns and over 600 yards. Eagles’ receivers Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor have also been tremendous for the team as well. But, it’s the Eagles running backs that have been the focal part of the offense. The Eagles have plenty of running backs to use at any point in their games featuring LeGarette Blount, the former Patriot, Jay Ajayi, the former Dolphin, and Corey Clement. Each and every one has been playing fantastic throughout the season, making vital plays throughout their nine-game winning streak.

As the Eagles head into December, when teams are competing for a spot in the playoffs, the Eagles will certainly have to prove themselves. With games against the Seattle Seahawks, who have been in the Super Bowl a few times over recent years, an up-and-coming Los Angeles Rams team, with a strong second year quarterback in Jared Goff, and Dallas, only this time with Ezekiel Elliot, the Eagles will certainly have to show that they have what it takes to reach Super Bowl 52.

What do you think South? What record will the Eagles finish with? Will they go all the way or will they miss out again? Is this 10-1 record, with a nine-game winning streak, for real? Whatever happens in December for the Eagles, Philly fans are certainly ready for January and beyond.