• Download Student News Source to view Titan Tribune from your phone!
  • Follow us on Instagram! @southtribune
The Online Student Newspaper of Central Bucks High School South

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

The Philadelphia 76ers Off to a Hot Start

David Dow

Despite James Harden leaving the Philadelphia 76ers, the 76ers are off to a good start, heading into the NBA season with a standing record of 12-5. Although their time in the in-season tournament was cut short, they are continuing to show their dominance.  

With new head coach Nick Nurse leading the 76ers in their well-dominate performance and both reigning MVP Joel Embiid and Point Guard Tyrese Maxey doing their part out on the court, the 76ers’ season is looking good.  

The 76ers still retain the top offense in the league and currently stand 4th in the eastern conference.  

The 76ers took a big win against the lakers on Monday November 27th at the Lakers home stadium with both Emiid and Maxey commanding the game.  

Emiid had gotten his first triple double of the season so far with 30 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists. As for Maxey, he had a big game too, putting up 31 points with eight assists and no turnovers.  

The 76ers were on fire, shooting from 3s as they crushed the Lakers, whose record is 10-8.  

Though the 76ers time in the in-season tournament has ended, as they were officially eliminated on Tuesday November 28th, their season continues in the regular 2023-2024 NBA season. In fact, they recently traveled to Los Angeles to play against the Pelicans and have an upcoming game against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday December 6th at 7PM. 

As Joel Embiid, Tyrese Maxey, Patrick Beverley and the rest of the team keep working and dominating, they may have an opportunity to make the playoffs and potentially win the NBA Finals. 

Hopefully, if Kelly Oubre returns, these chances will increase. Kelly Oubre had recently joined the 76ers and was off to a great start with the team until an unfortunate accident occurred.  

Ourbe was struck by a car near his residence in Philly on the evening of November 12th, fracturing several ribs, which has since kept him from playing with the 76ers.  

He is hoping to return soon as he traveled with the team against the Pelicans, though he is not listed in the game’s matchup.  

It will be exciting to continue to see what the 76ers have in store for us, both in their upcoming games and for the rest of the season.