• Download Student News Source to view Titan Tribune from your phone!
  • Follow us on Instagram! @southtribune
The Online Student Newspaper of Central Bucks High School South

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Decision 2024: Class of 2026 Vice Presidential Election

The vice president will be responsible for performing all duties of the class president in their absence. They will be assisting co-officers in class duties, running meetings, preparing an agenda for the Class of 2026 alongside the president, and working with the president to ensure the student council is remaining active.

This election cycle, incumbent vice president Sophia O is running in a rematch with her 2023 election opponent, Luka Jonjic.  While they ran against each other in a tightly packed five-person race last election, O and Jonjic are the only two vice presidential candidates this year.

Luka Jonjic:

Vice presidential candidate Luka Jonjic is putting up a rematch with incumbent Sophia O this election cycle, following his loss to her in the tightly packed 5-way 2023 vice presidential election.  This time around, Jonjic has considerably less competition, directly facing off against O in a 1v1 election.  As the election nears, he has expressed his preparedness and determination to win the election.

Prior to Jonjic’s 2023 run, he served as a student council representative at Tamanend Middle School, earning the distinction of “Honorary Officer” by his class advisors thanks to the efforts he contributed towards the student council’s events there.  

“I helped with fixing things around the school and also helped with setting up events,” Jonjic explained.

In addition to his position on the Tamanend Student Council, Jonjic had been involved in numerous extracurricular activities at Tamanend as well, participating in their STEM Club, Chess Club, and two video documentary competitions. Most recently, Jonjic was also the JV soccer captain at South, a role in which he worked with his co-captain to lead their team to an undefeated season. Earlier this year, Jonjic joined two other students and State Representative Brian Munroe to co-author and pass legislation in the Pennsylvania Congress as well. As such, he feels he has the leadership skills and experience necessary to take on the responsibilities of being the next junior class vice president.

If elected, Jonjic has promised to make a difference at South, campaigning on the platform of bringing “greatness” back to the school. As vice president, Jonjic said that he would prioritize making South more fun, suggesting that the student council could host more sporting events and additional pep-rallies to restore school spirit and promote fun activities.

“I feel it’s very gloomy and stressful at South with all the schoolwork and many other things. So, just trying to change this and instead making South more fun will be a great improvement,” Jonjic stated.

In addition, he has proposed the possibility of implementing more class field trips to strengthen and build relationships between students, while giving everyone a chance to have fun as well. Jonjic is also planning to work with all three grades as he seeks to attain his goal of making South more fun, whilst promising voters that he will support them and listen to their suggestions throughout his potential tenure.

“I will do anything in my power to help make [us] have a fun year and to also provide support if needed,” Jonjic promised.

Overall, Jonjic has expressed confidence in his ability to carry out his plans and ideas for the school.  Thus far, his campaign has largely taken place on social media, where he has promoted himself as a qualified candidate and an ideal leader for South.  Voters will have to decide if they feel that this is truly the case when they go to the polls on June 3rd and 4th. If elected, Jonjic will be overturning the incumbent vice-presidential seat currently held by Sophia O.

Sophia O (Incumbent):

Sophia O is seeking re-election as she begins to finish her first term as the Class of 2026 vice president. In the coming year, she is hoping to win a second term to continue building upon council ideas that are currently in the works and to continue cooperating with the current officers that she has been working with in the past year. In the coming year, O is hoping to bring new ideas to the table and contribute towards more event planning as well.

If re-elected, O would be moving on to serve in her third year as a student council officer. At Unami Middle School, she served as their student body treasurer prior to being elected vice president at South. In addition, she is involved with Titans Connect and founded her own music club, the Music Makers, during her first year in high school. Based on these experiences, O has described herself as being “a good leader, cooperative, honest, and dedicated to working.”

In her second term as vice president, O has expressed interest in creating better spirit days and fundraisers, as well as widening student council outreach methods in the public relations sphere. She is also promising to better represent the voices of her peers and to support efforts to bring back South’s Fall Fest- a once beloved tradition that her fellow officers have also been promising to reestablish during the 2024-2025 school year.  O is also seeking to promote greater student involvement at South.

“I would definitely like to create new ideas, and make more student involvement…, [create] better spirit days, and just work well with the student council,” O explained.

O’s incumbency is currently being challenged by a rematch with Luka Jonjic, her previous vice-presidential competitor in 2023.  Both have run campaigns on social media, through it has yet to be decided whether O will once again defeat Jonjic in the race for the vice presidency.