• Download Student News Source to view Titan Tribune from your phone!
  • Follow us on Instagram! @southtribune
The Online Student Newspaper of Central Bucks High School South

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Everything You Need to Know about South’s Writing Showcase

In two weeks, a never-before-seen event will be coming to the Writing Center: South’s very own Writing Showcase. Like a gallery walk of exemplary wordsmithing, the Writing Showcase will provide an opportunity to experience South’s lively and robust writing culture firsthand. Here is everything you need to know.

What is the Writing Showcase?

The Writing Center and the Titan Tribune will be collaborating to host South’s first ever Writing Showcase, a way to appreciate the stories our students can tell. Works submitted by dozens of students will be proudly put on display in the Writing Center, a spectacle akin to a literary art museum. The winding down of the school year provides a time for reflection, and the Showcase does exactly that. Students can come and celebrate the hard work that they and their peers have put into writing over the past year.

When and Where Is the Showcase?

The Writing Showcase will be hosted in the Writing Center during the week of April 29th to May 3rd. Writing pieces will be on display throughout the day; teachers may bring their classes in during regular block scheduling or students can freely visit during lunch.

What Types of Writing Will Be on Display?

Although April is National Poetry Month, the Showcase will not be limited strictly to poetry. In fact, far from it. The Showcase aims to celebrate every type of writing students may have written over their writing, boasting a variety of requested genres ranging from typical fiction and poetry to DBQs and podcast scripts.

How Can I Become Involved?

If you’d like to submit your own writing to the Writing Showcase, the Writing Center and the Titan Tribune would be glad to have you! Entries can be submitted at this link: Writing Showcase Submission.

Participants may submit any genre of writing they choose, with categories included but not limited to:

• Fiction
  • Nonfiction
  • Screenplays
  • Podcast scripts
  • Song lyrics
  • Poetry
  • Core assessments
  • Marketing plans
  • In-class essays
  • DBQs/LEQs

For more information about submissions, stop by the Writing Center and follow @cbsouth_writingcenter on Instagram. If you would like to show your support, but don’t want to submit your own writing, don’t hesitate to stop by during the Showcase and recommend to your teachers that your class attend!