• Download Student News Source to view Titan Tribune from your phone!
  • Follow us on Instagram! @southtribune
The Online Student Newspaper of Central Bucks High School South

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Trail Blazers Star Guard, Damian Lillard, Traded to the Milwaukee Bucks, Ending His Time in Portland

2013 NBA Rookie of the Year, Recipient of the 2017 Magic Johnson award, and a seven-time all-star guard for the NBA all-star game, Damiam Lillard was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks’ Official. The trade was a three-team deal, meaning that it involved three teams, the Trail Blazers, The Phoenix Suns, and the Boston Celtics.  

The Trail Blazers will receive Suns players Deandre Ayton (center), Toumani Camara (forward) and a couple future draft picks from the Bucks. The Suns received Jusuf Nurkic (center), along with Nassir Little and Keon Johnson (forwards). These players were all from the Blazers. Lastly, the Suns will also receive Grayson Allen (guard) from the Bucks.  

As Milwaukee says hi to their new star player Damian Lillard, they say goodbye to their former player Jrue Holiday. Holiday was traded to the Boston Celtics and now will play alongside Jason Tatum and Jalen Brown.  

“I’m a buck for life and I mean that like deep in my heart. I don’t want to play for any other team,” said Jrue Holiday. Just the day before Holiday was traded, he talked about how he wanted to retire as a Buck. 

Though Holiday leaves the Bucks, it won’t be his last time seeing them as Celtics play the Bucks on November 22nd.  It’s sad for Bucks fans to have Jrue Holiday leave but having Damain Lillard on their team will certainly cheer them up.  

Throughout his whole career as a Trail Blazer, Lillard had averaged 25.2 points per game and 6.7 assists per game, but last year he had averaged 32.2 points.  

As Damain Lillard starts his journey as a Milwaukee Buck, he gives his farewell to Portland. Off the court Lillard is a rapper that goes after the name Dame D.O.L.L.A.R who just released a single called “Fairwell” right after he was traded.  

But that’s not all he did to say his goodbye. Lillard had posted on Instagram with the caption of “RipCity Forever… Dame Time has run out,” including a heart emoji after forever. He thanked the city of Portland, the fans, the organization, and the whole team.  

When talking about the city, Lillard had said, “I consider you my home as well as many of my family members and that won’t change.” 

He had also said, “As this chapter of my life ends, I look back and realize how special it was.” 

Now that the Bucks have Damian Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo, could the Milwaukee Bucks be a powerhouse team and make an appearance in this year’s NBA Finals?   

As Damian Lillard officially closes his chapter with the Trail Blazers, he opens a new one with the Milwaukee bucks.