Titan Tribune

• Requests? Email cbsouthtribune@gmail.com!

• Download the Titan Tribune mobile app to stay updated on our current articles!

Josh Adams Is Showing He Belongs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Josh Adams Is Showing He Belongs

Adil Parikh, Staff Writer

In what has been an unforgettable season for the defending Super Bowl Champion, Philadelphia Eagles, CB South’s own Josh Adams has provided one of the lone bright spots.

Ever since starting running back Jay Ajayi went down with a torn ACL in on October 7 against the Vikings, Adams has seen his role grow drastically. Injuries have been a theme of the Eagles season, and the next man up mentality applies perfectly to Josh Adams.

By October 28, Josh Adams had snagged the starting running back spot for the Eagles, and ever since then, he hasn’t done anything to let that spot go.

He finished the game on October 28 against the Jaguars with 9 carries for 61 yards, a whopping 6.8 yards per carry. This explosion would prove to not be a one-time thing as on November 11 against the Cowboys, he finished with 7 carries for 47 yards and 6.7 yards per carry.

The very next week in an embarrassing blowout loss to the New Orleans Saints, Adams was the Eagles’ only light at the end of the tunnel with 7 carries, 53 yards, a 7.6 yards per carry average, and most importantly, his first NFL touchdown: a 28 yard scamper in the second quarter which would prove to be the only touchdown the Eagles would score that week.

These performances culminated in Head Coach Doug Pederson deciding to give Adams more carries because he clearly deserved it based on his recent play.

“I do feel like he could touch the ball a few more times. But I think Josh has been the spark these last couple of weeks, and we’ll continue to give him a few more opportunities,” Pederson said in an interview with NBC Sports.

Adams showed he can handle this kind of workload against the Giants on November 25 with 22 carries, 84 yards, and another touchdown in an Eagles comeback win.

The very next week, on Monday Night Football with the entire nation watching, Adams continued to make a name for himself with 20 carries for 85 yards in a win against the Redskins. Although he cooled off on December 9 against the Cowboys, he once again provided a touchdown in a huge win in prime-time against one of the best teams in the NFL, the Los Angeles Rams, keeping the Eagles’ playoff hopes alive.

Through these performances Adams is certainly showing that he has the tools to be the full-time starter at running back for the Eagles next year.