All Hail Mr. Gale

Mr. Gale looking forward to a great school year! Photo courtesy of Evan Bennett.

A new school year usually means new students. But this year at CB South, a new school year also meant new administration, staff, teachers, and in this case, a new Senior House Principal: Mr. Gale.

Before joining the CB South community, Mr. Gale was a health and physical education teacher and driving instructor for seven years. He worked at Lehigh Valley’s Emmaus High School — a large school with nearly 1000 more students than in the South student body — for three years as an assistant principal.

So far Mr. Gale likes South a lot. “The faculty seems supportive of students, and the school is willing to support and provide opportunities inside and outside of the classroom.” In fact, he said he was even more impressed that he thought he would be.

His favorite things about South are the block scheduling that gives “students more time in class to delve into learning activities that are more engaging” and the house system that supports students. As a House Principal, he said he likes it because it means “coaching and supporting the students in the next step in life.” Simply put, “It’s exciting!” he said.

Mr. Gale was initially drawn to South because of its “really good reputation of academic excellence, a supportive community, and strong students,” and also because it was closer to where his family wanted to be: Bucks County. They enjoy the shops and restaurants, as well as the historic and scenic areas, especially Doylestown.

He has three little boys, the oldest of whom is in kindergarten at Kutz Elementary School. “They’re active and like to climb on the playground at Castle Park,” Mr. Gale said. They also like to swim, play soccer and tee-ball, and build with Legos.

Mr. Gale himself grew up in Lancaster County and played sports like football and baseball. He later attended West Chester University and continued to play baseball while there. Based on his own experience in college, he advised the senior class to not put too much pressure on themselves for the right school, but “make it right for you.”

Even though he may be a principal, Mr. Gale is still learning and taking classes. On his own time, he is planning to obtain his Doctorate in Educational Administration from Temple and started taking his classes last year, when he began to take a hybrid class online once a week. Mr. Gale has been learning about urban schools and the challenges they face, and he finds it “really rewarding.”

In the spare time he manages to find outside of South, spending time with his family, and taking classes, he also enjoys being involved with Fantasy Football, playing sports, and practicing guitar.

Mr. Gale said he feels “fortunate to be here;” however, we feel fortunate to have him here at South!