Sophomore Perspective of C.B. South

Photo Courtesy CBSD

Photo Courtesy CBSD

I am the oldest child in my family, and it makes me feel like a science experiment.  I am put through situations first, and then I inform my sisters and give advice on what to do.  An example of one of the situations I am put through is high school.

I had no idea what to expect with the first day of school, so I turned to movies for help.  Movies make a realistic, but very dramatic, version of high school.  This can be seen in the movie Mean Girls.  Just like the main character, Cady Heron, I felt clueless about what to do for the first day of high school.

Questions filled my mind.  Will I find all of my classes on time?  Who will I sit with at lunch?  I was terrified.

As the first day of school suddenly came, I was completely scatter-brained. One part of me was a bit excited, but the other part was full of fear.

On the bus ride to CB South, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival.  I just wanted to get the day over with.  When the bus approached the school, my jaw hit the floor.  The building was huge!  It looked like a palace with the three floors and long windows wrapped around the building.

Upon entering the school, I was taking in every aspect of my surroundings.  The hallways were long and the wood ceilings reminded me of a fancy ski lodge.  I could see my friends on the upper level of the building waving to me.  My nerves slowly went away as I explored more and more of South.

I saw more of my friends throughout the building, and we all discussed how we felt going into our new school that day.

“When I first walked in, it was really overwhelming, but then I saw familiar faces, and I thought it could be pretty fun,” said Kaylie Beach.

Brittany Hillman said, “I was ecstatic about a change of scenery and also seeing new and old friends.  On the contrary, I was nervous about getting lost.”

Throughout the school day, I slowly eased into the process of finding my classes. The teachers helped me with my schedule and welcomed us as C.B. South Titans.

I couldn’t believe how great the day went, and I am now looking forward to a wonderful three years here at South!